19 and counting



As the days wore down, Tom and I looked forward to a new beginning, to a fresh start and clean slate. Yeah we expected a few bumps in the road, a few here and there but we never thought that we could start over all over again. It seems like we have came to far and now to get this set back is devastating.

"Babe I need you to calm down," he says right off the bat, calm down? I didn't even know what was going on. Then the bomb. The bomb that his release in just 19 days was no longer a reality, the reality of the situation is that we have no idea when he is coming home. I dropped my head the tears fell. "I am so sorry babe, I am so sorry," he kept repeating. "I just keep hurting you," I can hear the crackle in his voice. We sat, on a day we should be rejoicing to almost being done, to crying with one another on the phone. He insisted he was so sorry, but he has nothing to be sorry for.

I felt like my heart was ripped out. To go 289 days then to realize we now have bigger problems and the time can no longer be predicted is sickening. It seems so unfair, unjust.

I am at a lose of words at this time. The only thing positive is the fact that Tom and I continue to have a strong bond, a solid foundation and an unconditional love.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress