Happy Hearts


"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing to fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh to much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back." - Unknown

Tonight this quote from someone unknown clever person (probably a woman) seems to really touch me. It makes me think of me and Tom and how you begin to just get into the motion of things especially in this lifestyle. People you love aren't suppose to hurt you but sometimes they don't mean too. That seems to be what Tom and I are experiencing right now.

Did we expect new charges after 10.5 months, no? But what can we do? Was it a disappointment, of course. Going almost a year looking forward to the date, counting down the days and such and then to be hit with this just 19 days before he will be home hurts but he didn't do it on purpose. He didn't intentionally hurt me. My heart breaks every time I hear more time. At first I would get nervous just to hear the phone ring because you didn't know what he was going to say, if he had good news or bad news. And that subsided as the days came down.

I have been really focusing on the what ifs, could of's when really I should be grateful we are still standing. We are still strong. I dread more time, but I know I am a strong woman. I know Tom is a strong man, and together we can conquer it. While its hard to stay positive, I need to be for him. And in the long run, it doesn't help anything. So tonight I am going to go to bed happy.

Happy to be in love. Happy to have such an amazing husband. Happy. You don't have to have a perfect life to be happy. Happiness can come from so many different things, even if your husband is in prison. Happy hearts still bleed.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress