Who I am


Day 4 of bed rest, has forced me to try new things, self portraits. Well I suppose not "new" necessarily because everyone takes photos of themselves but none the less, I needed something to do! I seem to always struggle while taking photos, avoid shadows on my Italian nose passed by my dad, accentuate my big eyes I inherited from my mom. Growing up I had such bad confidence in myself and a lot of that had to do with what I looked like. I was embarrassed of my over-sized nose, my dark straight hair and my lips I never grew into. I know all children go through that stage of "am I pretty?" and the "if only I looked like her." It took years and sometimes I still have those days but I love who I am. And that doesn't just include my looks. I love the woman I have became at 26 years old, and of course there are things I wish I could change (like carrying a baby without bed res) but I love who I am.

It can take years to realize who you are and what you want to be. While taking self portraits of myself I wondered how I could really capture how I feel. How do I capture my strength, independence and most importantly my love and happiness. While I am facing some complications at the moment I am still happy. Happy to have the love of my life home, to be expecting our first child and happy with life in general. I have so much to be grateful for and so many things to love and feel loved from. I truly do feel lucky, lucky that everything has fallen into place in my life at the right time, at the right moment that has made me who I am.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress