Star Bright

Not even Thanksgiving yet and Tom and I have already put up a Christmas tree - that't right, Christmas tree. Yes, it's probably way to early but oh well. It being out first Christmas with Tom home and together, I was so anxious. We purchased a six-foot tree and lots and lots of ornaments. We decided to go for more of a color theme of white, silver and blue. Of course you have to make a Christmas tree "your own" so I glittered some clothes pins and printed off some black and white photos from the year. I made a banner that reads, "LEWIS" and together - I love you.

I couldn't even begin to explain how happy just having the Christmas tree up makes me. To me it signifies a beautiful season. For me as a little girl one of my fondest memories is when my mom hosted Christmas with her siblings, my dad's best friend and all my cousins. I remember the tree standing in the corner, it was so big and beautiful to me. And having about 13 cousin, the presents overtook the living room, the bright reds, greens and curled ribbon made it so everyone had to crawl over the boxes. I can remember my Aunt Gayle "tend the bar," she was always so much fun, my Uncle Nick, I remember him convincing me to go to bed so Santa Clause could come. That night is the first night I questioned Santa, since I could hear him talk about eating the cookies. Memories like that, the love, the family and the comfort of being altogether is something I want for my children. My mom has five siblings, my dad has a big Italian family and it seems as time goes on the family parts more and more. I want the memories of playing games on holidays, early breakfasts everything my growing family. So having this tree, our very first one together means a lot to me. It's like creating new memories for our very own family. 

Everything from the glittery ornaments, bright lights or shimmery ribbon - I love it all. Being able to share this time with Tom and knowing this time next year we will have a little one is a true blessing. I couldn't ask for anything more, anything better. 

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress