Predicting the Future

One thing I am super anxious about it knowing
 the gender of my baby!! 
Boy? Girl? 
I have been so anxious to know, some woman claim that "they know." While most people tell me I am having a boy they, "just know," I am not sure about that! There are so many wives tales of what you should feel like or the symptoms of having a boy versus a girl, not to mention the Chinese calendar, the swinging ring thing and more. So then while reading all these different "tips" like carrying high or low, craving salt or sweet and stumbled up the Gender Prediction Test. Supposedly it is about 90 percent accurate and tests the hormones through a urine test. Of course you have to use morning urine, cant have sex 48 hours prior to taking the test and shouldn't take it if you drink a lot of fluids at night. And there other restrictions to like if you take certain medications or have PCOS. So I purchased the test and was very excited and nervous to take it! Last night I read through all the directions and what exactly has to be done because I didn't want to get a wrong result or screw it up, the test is $27! So this morning I got up gathered everything I had set aside and took the test. You have to wait until the 5 minute mark to "read" the test. On the testing jar, on side says boy with a green label and on the opposite side it says girl with an orange label. If the urine turns green its a boy and if it turns orange its a girl, the colored label help determine the color and gender. So I set me stopwatch on my phone and at exactly 5 minutes determine whether it was green or orange. I personally thought that the test would be easy to read - orange or green. I found it to be hard. So I took pictures of it since it is no recommended to read the test past the 5 minute mark, which made it even worse thanks to the lighting and the wonderful shadows in which I placed it! At first I thought, "Ahhh, its not that dark, its orange - GIRL." Then I looked again and it was like, "Hmmmm, not sure." There is a layer or light on top of what looks dark, its not solid, if that makes any sense. 
In a few weeks we will be able to know the gender via ultrasound so as far as right now I want to say girl, but I could be wrong! 
 

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress