Moving Right Along

It seems like I have been pregnant forever. When we went and got our first ultrasound, I was eight weeks, which makes me like four to six weeks when we told everyone! Of course we thought I was much farther along and we may have held off announcing it to the world but it is what it is. So now at 16 weeks, it feels like forever ago I took the at home test. Most women won't find out that they are expecting until they are 10-12 weeks. We are slowly waiting for my pregnancy to "take off" while the baby is quickly growing inside I am ready for the belly, for the movements and everything fun, supposedly that probably won't feel anything for a few more weeks. This past week we finally got our nursery furniture, no thanks to Walmart. We had to re-order a whole new set, and decided to use Target instead. Tom spent part of the day assembling the changing table and second dresser by himself. Together we put the crib together. It became so real. So real that I would become a mother and Tom a father again. The set we chose, I am in love with - all white, just simple and sophisticated. The one thing we are missing is a white rocking chair, something I wish we had just so I could sit in the room enjoy it. Looking over in what was the spare room, but now a baby room - is an amazing feeling, an overwhelming feeling, almost something you can't even explain. The idea of bringing home a baby boy and baby girl is something I am so anxious for. Hell, I am anxious just to know whether we are going to bring home a boy or a girl. I am excited to buy colored clothing, paint a beautiful watercolor and add small details that make the room even that more special. I want to fill the closet, the drawers with anything and everything from outfits, to onsies, diapers and burp clothes. Never did I imagine that I would be here, right now. Of course as a first time mother I wonder the whats ifs and the am I's? 

Am I going to be a good mom? 
What if I do something wrong? 

I second guess myself even though that my heart, my soul is there and that I want nothing more than to have a happy, healthy, loved baby. Only a few more weeks and I am into my fifth month, we are moving right along! 

No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress