Why I am the lucky one. . .

Being a prison wife, letters, yes snail mail is one thing I always look forward to every single day. I may check the mail at least twice a day, just in case I looked too soon. I can't even begin to explain what it is like being labeled a prison wife and what it entails. While some women I am sure have it worse off than I do, this is so hard. It takes a real strong woman to deal with this on a daily basis and keep it together. When I married Tom I didn't know exactly what I was in for but I knew that I loved him so much it didn't matter because I knew if I lost him I would never feel this love, or share this kind of love every again. And here we are, married while he is in prison in New Jersey and I am in Idaho - and we are happily married. I couldn't be happier and after receiving this letter today its the cherry on top:

Dated June 18, 2011

“So today baby I for to bragging about you. I sat down with a guy and he started talking about his wife and how a couple of months into this she couldn’t take it anymore. I told him how I still get my daily letters and pics and the phone and money on my books! It made me also think about how lucky I truly am to have an amazing wife like you! You really are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wake up happy knowing that you are on my side. I know that with you by my side I can do anything and overcome anything. Even though you are not here and I don’t talk to you every day you do make everyday I am in here a little easier! With you I’m not in here worried about if you are out there cheating or drugging! It is all the more easier for me to not be stressing. With me knowing you are waiting for me, you help me stay away from all the bullshit. You make me be better by walking away from people who are in here that are ignorant and always want to start problems with others. You make me not worry about small things like if someone cuts in the food line. All around you make me a better person and you make me want to continue it on the streets by going back to school and having the family that I’ve always wanted! You, Annette Lewis, make me a better man. Thank you! You are the best person in my life now or ever. I am afraid to think of where I would be after this if its not with you. …… That is why I say I need you in my life! I love you with everything I am and will continue to love you till death due is part.”
That is my husband. Mr. Lewis, all mine and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my man with all my heart and I know he loves me with his. I am so lucky to be married to him and it will never change, ever. I cannot wait for him to home again in my arms. <3


No comments

Leave a Reply

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress